During this global health crisis, the safety of our patients, their families and our staff is of the utmost importance to us. We are taking the following steps to ensure that your visit to our office will be as safe and stress-free as possible.
- Online Check-In: Our check-in procedure is online. We will send you a link by email or text prior to your appointment. Please complete on your computer, tablet or smartphone prior to your arrival.
- Skip the waiting room: In order to encourage social distancing, we are asking patients to wait in their cars at this time. Please call us when you arrive to our office and we will let you know when to meet us at the door so that we can escort you directly to your exam room.
- Well visit only times: We are seeing our well visits in the mornings and early afternoons and we are scheduling our sick visits for later in the day. We are carefully screening patients and their families for any symptoms of illness to keep our well and sick patients separated.
- Increased attention to cleaning: We always clean rooms well between patients but we are paying even more attention to all of the details at this time.
- Masking: We are wearing masks, gloves and other appropriate personal protective equipment while caring for your child. We are asking that our patients and their families also wear a mask while in our office.
- Virtual visits: We are offering telemedicine visits for certain types of problems. This is often a good way to evaluate children with mild symptoms or to discuss behavior and mental health issues. Many insurance companies are waiving copays for virtual visits due to the pandemic crisis. Please contact your insurance company for questions about your coverage.
Please know that we are committed to helping to care for your child during this time. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help your family during this time.
Please watch out for updates here or by email.